I have had it on my heart to be a farmer for years. Most people said it wasn’t a reliable job since there are no more farmers today but instead grocery stores.
“Well where do you think that food comes from?” I would ask.
“So you mean you want to work outside all day long? You know that’s some hard work. You sure you want that kind of a job?” They would reply with worry and complete doubt.
First off, everyone knows the phrase “You get what you pay for.” Most people then generally think… well if I get what I pay for then that means I must pay more in order to get something really good. Ok so let me pick up a few more shifts and make some extra cash so I can buy the better version of the thing I want.
Do you care to wonder what I think when I hear that phrase?
“No. I don’t want to pay squat but still expect to get the very best for me, my husband and the rest of my family and I don’t need anyone to get it for me!”
People think that the only way to find food, water, and shelter is to find someone that knows how to mother them with it all and then pay them to do it. That is, in my opinion, the most childish thing anyone can ever do and we have all done it.
Whatever it is that you do that you call “work” is indirectly feeding your family and paying your bills. If i were talking to a family a good few hundred years ago they would not even get what I am saying.
“You mean you have to work for someone AND pay for EVERYTHING you own? Do you really own any of it?”
What if… instead of working more hours (as if they aren’t long enough) or spending your time trying to find out new and inventive ways to con people for more money when you know whatever it is that you do isn’t worth it… what if we merely eliminate the need for money?
“Well that is just impossible” you might say. “You still have to live in a house, do you expect everyone to live in a box? What about clothes? If you think I am going to actually make MYSELF clothes then you are talking to the wrong person.”
If you want to be completely controlled by someone that doesn’t love you then thats fine. You do realize that money is how you are being totally dominated right? Don’t you find yourself thinking, “If only I had all the money in the world. If only I just had more money! Why does everything have to cost money!? Nothing is free. Honey… we need more money!”
If money is not solving your problems then FIND ANOTHER WAY TO SOVE THEM! Money = limitations; Time = All Possibilities!
What would you do if there was no need for money and no one was there to provide for you?
Well…. Let’s start with food.
Most people, before the poisoning age, would grow there own crops. Yes its true that actually provided for themselves.
If they were lazy, like most americans are today, they wouldn’t be alive for very long to say the least.
Growing your own food is good for a few key reasons that are extremely important in todays world.
1) YOU are in control. You know what you put on your food and in your food. To say it plainly, you would never put pesticides on your families crops now would you?!
2) Grow as much as you want and as much as you NEED. Lets be reminded really quick that the portions we receive today in America is NOT what we need. The trend of having bigger portions, in my opinion, is only to cause greater effects from the impurity of the foods. Trust me, we wont starve by eating little.
3) Eliminate the need for money to buy food! Now I know you need money to start up a garden. Buying tools and seeds. But really, most of these purchases are only going to be bought once. Once you buy a shovel you wont need another shovel the next day. Once you buy a bag of carrots you probably will need them again in a few days. And trust me, if the Lord is with you, one little seed that you buy for a few cents will get you an abundant of food!
4) Discover new uses. Growing food doesn’t have to be just for eating. You might grow more than you can eat at times but that doesn’t mean any of that food has to go to waste. By having more REAL food unlike twinkies (which isn’t even a real word), you can discover new ways to use these foods. Some foods are good for making soaps, household cleaning products, healing wounds, or preserving other foods. You gotta computer, do your own research!
There are so many other great benefits from having your own food right in your backyard but if you really want to know you will discover them all for yourself soon enough.
Next, what about shelter?!
Did you know that a good few hundred years ago people actually took the time to build there own houses?!
“Well that’s just cause everyone back then knew how to do it and didn’t have the technology we have today. The average person couldn’t just build there own house. You got so much to juggle with when building a proper home.”
If you think this way then you are totally right! There would be NO WAY any average joe could just build themselves a nice warm, cozy, little home. And thats the way the government and all those that say “i” to controlling the nation say. The big guys with all the money don’t want the little people to know squat! They want to make you need them for everything… so lets not fall into that trap, agreed?
COB, Earthbag, hay bale and cabin homes are NOT hard to build and on top of that are not very expensive at all! These houses, excluding cabin homes, are mainly built from straw, dirt/clay and sand. Anyone on the face of the planet could build one of these if they were willing to put just a LITTLE effort.
Check out these urls to learn more abut building your own cob house.
Reasons to build your own house vs having a 20th century house build for you:
1) 20th century houses contain a TONE of toxic material. Ever wonder why people wear masks while constructing, painting, or demolishing a house? It is all toxic materials that they are using, for some stupid reason, to build your house. In fact, i once read in an article a while back that sitting in your own house can be the cause for an illness. Therefore, building your house with natural materials is 100 times more healthy for you and of course for the little critters around you ;)
2) Cabin and Cob building can be much cheaper to build since the materials come from the land it will be built on. In addition to that most people recycle old windows, doors and wood in order to build which saves even more money. Also, by building a cob house specifically, you are able to use the cob to mold things you normally would have to buy. For example, instead of buying a huge couch, all you have to do is mold one into your house using the cob mixture and then go out and find the cushions for it. Or you could carve in shelves, since the walls are usually 2ft thick, instead of going out to buy shelves.
3) Uses less energy. Though you can wire cob houses so you have electricity, it isn’t always necessary. For light, people create many windows and sunroofs and use candles of some sort in the evening. AC can also come from window fans but also cob houses are interesting with temperature. They act as a sponge with heat. During the summer the walls absorb the heat from the sun and store it away like a batterie. Then once winter comes along it releases the heat into the house. So the walls themselves act as insulation. But of course you can always have a nice fire place. Cob houses are mostly fire proof if you choose to have absolutely no wood in your house ;D sweet!
4) Sustainability! There are cob houses that are still in great condition today that was build 500 or more years ago! According to my own research it has been stated that cob mixture is much stronger than cement and lasts much longer. Why on earth have we ran away from building this way?! There has also been testings to see how these buildings would last in earthquakes and the results are very encouraging!
http://youtu.be/VJk_AFY4sgE - Youtube video of Cob house earthquake test.
http://youtu.be/chjVeFNxOjI - Youtube on how to build a cob house (small scale cob house)
Finally Clothes! What to do about clothes.
First of all, with clothing you only got 2 options if you want the best.
One: trade for it. Look for people that make clothing. Trust me there are a TONE of people out there that make clothing as an entrepreneur and one thing that person will need is food… which you already have thanks to your lovely garden in the backyard! :D Trade food or even other creative things that you make yourself. This is for those that don’t even want to try sewing.
Two: Make your own clothes. It sounds stupid and uncalled for since we have SO many “cool” clothing stores to shop at and easily purchase clothing items for extremely high prices. However, I still believe that making your own clothes is a fantastic idea… ESPECIALLY if you make a once time purchase of a sewing machine called the SERGER. It is a newer type of sewing machine perfect for the modern world. I literally does everything for you and you don’t have to be skilled whatsoever to use it. Makes straight lines every time and even cuts off the extra stuff you don’t need at the same time.
http://youtu.be/svBmI7bpw1s - Youtube or how to use a Serger Sewing machine.
My final note, is to make reusable things! It isn’t gross and it isn’t unsanitary. If anything to world has gotten people to think you must live in a crisp, clean, plain white box in order to stay free from sicknesses and germs. Germs are part of life. Let your immunity grow people!… Anyways, yes, think of all the things you have to buy on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and figure out how to prolong the need to renew it.
Diapers- There use to never be throw away diapers and though it might seem more convenient to just toss the diaper and never see it again… it will be MUCH more convenient to never have to spend all those hundreds of dollars to buy them every other week.
Pads- yes just like the above pads are the same thing. Girls in other countries have no choice but to use reusable pads and in biblical times they used rags. So yes, again it seems unsanitary and gross but you should also realize that the pads and tampons you buy at the store are bleached and have other chemicals including fragrances that are harsh to be putting in or around our bodies that way. In fact, most tampon boxes have a warning label: ATTENTION: Tampons are associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). TSS is a rare (ya right) but serious disease that may cause death. Read and save the enclosed information. Well doesn’t that just sound lovely.
How to make your own feminine cloth pads
Soaps!- Obviously you can reuse soap but you can certainly find ways to make it yourself. Please realize that bubbles do not equal SOAP. Bubbles are another form of a chemical that is used for show. Bubbles do not need to be present in order to clean people. Good soap wont produce many bubbles. This includes bath soaps, hand soaps, dish soaps and laundry soaps. All are basically chemicals that you are lathering up with. It may not have noticeable effects but its just adding to the MANY other ways society has put chemicals and poisonous substances into our lives.
To conclude, I’d just like to ask how wonderful it would be to actually be toxic free and healthy! No more pointless jobs to pay for pointless things. No more doctors or subscribed pills! No more FAKE! Only real and genuine life.
The little child is still inside me
If I stay still enough they will not notice me
If I pay no attention they will do the same for me
Though I feel bodies with living souls surround me I keep to reading
Though I feel their piercing pulps hook themselves to me I do not even give a glance
When pressure rolls off I dare to face my foes and see all is as it should be.
Though I still can’t stand a passing body
Every movement, scent, and reason is observed without control
I have never felt like I didn’t know what was going happen next in life. I always hoped for the unexpected and it always happened. I always felt the pages of my small story slowly turning and revealing new chapters. But now there are no more pages and no more chapters. I thought dying would cause this to happen in a persons life because Death is our publisher. It is as if my writer has writer’s block or is possibly taking a small break. If it is break I hope it’s for suspense cause I am certainly getting that feeling.